R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 06:19 PM
King-G
Tech Fanatic

X....I recently played with a spool for the day, and would definately recommend running a longer ackerman link to reduce the amount of ackerman....this will also give you more turning angle for the outer wheel in the corner, as the inner lock is determined by the bump stop on the steering hub....by running less ackerman you get more lock on the outer wheel.

However, having said that, less ackerman makes the car less aggressive initially, and this is one area you suffer when running a spool, initial turn in tends to be understeer.

Give it a try, other things i did to really improve the car with the spool was to add around a mm of extra droop to what i would normally run with the oneway setup, and go in one hole on the front tower, as well as going slightly softer in oil to help with that initial response.

Good luck with it

Twizted, you shouldnt be breaking belts in stock....3 belts in one night is rediculous...what track was this at?...you may have picked up some debris, which is lodged in the pully, this will cut the belt...check both pulleys for any small rocks or glass.

RC shark...Associated silver which is what i currently have on the car is the same rate as schumacher blue (15 lbs)...howver the associated spring is more linear, as the schumacher springs seem quite progressive in rate, therefore start their compression quite soft, and apon full compression are considerably firmer...

the schumacher springs feel really calm on the track...whilst I feel the associated springs are more lively, as their rate is linear...also, the other reason for me running them is their rate changes between springs is only 2.5 lbs,,,alowwing much finer tuning.