R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Which radio are u using? Futaba, Airtronics, KO propo?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:01 PM
meon99
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Very detail research....

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
My personal preference:

JR Z-1- Very comfortable radio. Not alot of buttons so the menu is easy to navigate. Some of the terminology is VERY different than anything else, but if you think about it, it all makes sense. Imainly ran this with the Synthesized but I did try the Spektrum in it.

M8- Probably one of the most comfortable radio's I've ever used. Doesn't have all the fancy tuff tha the M11 has but it has all that is necessary plus alot of other stuff. Very easy to navigate through the menu. Rant this with Synthesized module from Novak and JR Synthesized receivers, and Spektrum.

M 11- Hated the feel of the radio. Didn't like the menu navigation either. Great radio with all of the what you need and ALOT more that could be nice to have, depending on the application. Alot of people like this radio, I just don't like the actual feel in my hand. I ran this with the same stuff from my M8. I actually had two of these. Bought one, didn't really like it, sold it and went back to the M8. Bought another one and remembered why I sold it in the first place.

Futaba 3PK- LOVE the feel. easy menu layout. Easy to set up. I really like the fact the the module is on top, not on the back. That way the Spektrum/FASST antenna isn't on the back of the unit. Only ran Synthesized with this set up. Sold it because I work at a hobby shop and got a great deal on the 3PKS.

3PKS- I find it to be the most comfortable radio on the market right now. The menu is very easy to navigate. Nice big screen to look at if you want to. Agian, more than you need for options on this radio. I like the fact that it comes with the stuff for the drop down wheel right in the box and it will fit back in the box with it installed. This is great for tansport. I ran this in both Synthesized and with FASST. I do think this system is noticably faster than the spektrum, but maybe not a noticable difference to Spektrum Pro.

All in all, it comes down to personal preference. If you have the opportunity, try them all in your hands. Make the decision that's right for you, not what other people are telling you is right for you. Comfort is the key with such a major purchase. It's the one thing I will not impulse buy.