R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 06:13 PM
gixxerman
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
I am going to buy a new speeder for my pan car, I am buying the brush less/brush type, simply because as of right now everyone seems to be leaning towards the brushed motors, but personally i would rather run a brush less class. Hopefully we will get enough cars and interest that we can run 2 separate classes. No one has really ran a brushed car against a brush less at our track, if they are relatively close in speed we will probably run the classes together if we don't get enough for 2 separate classes

You can't run brushed vs. brushless, brushless motors use less battery and will not fall off like the brushed motors would toward the end of a run. Big ADVANTAGE, plus the stock equivellant for brushless is a 17.5, which is not really available yet!!! Right now I could go either way but I'm not going to blow money on something that has the potential of being "TOO MUCH" or "USELESS" until we see exactly what the track will hold. Remember the out of control 19 turns the first part of last year? We switched back to stock and ran within 2 tenths of the fastest 19 turn laps, the racing became more tight and more interesting for that matter and the cars were alot easier to control! I started a thread on here titled "NASCAR BRUSHLESS" check it out, verrrrry informative and even got a response from a NOVAK Rep!!!! One other thing I have read that a 13.5 is equivellant or faster than a 19 turn!