R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 05:24 PM
lotus1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Squeeze the ball cup on the ball with a pair of pliers.squeeze along the lenght of it.Usually frees it up.

Originally Posted by Weasely
I'm nearing the end of building my TC5, which coincidentally happens to be my first kit type tourer in a longer list of off-road pursuits.. I've gotten to clipping on all the turnbuckles, having gone back to make sure everything is as free and smooth as can possibly be - the belt tension makes the drive train a little sticky, but i entirley expected that after reading through this thread a bit. The belts are on their loosest settings, respectivley.
However, thats not the problem - Now that ive clipped on the camber turnbuckle the steering is binding in a terrible way! Its fairly stiff to turn the steering mechanism by hand. Clearly its just the ball cup thats gripping onto its little ball-doodad that turns with the steering knuckle, but what can be done to free this up a little bit? Or will it even really be an issue? Smooth free steering seems to me like it would be a definate plus... Ive squeezed a bit of grease into the ball cup and replaced it, but its really not helped much.
I'm thinking i'll steal a metal geared servo from my nitro buggy :/