R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI's DB12R
Thread: BMI's DB12R
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 11:14 PM
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RCSteve93
Here is a quick guide to bodies...

Parma Speed 8* - Best for stock and 19 turn, low drag and medium downforce, very stable
Parma Speed 8 HD* - Best for mod, high downforce and medium drag, very stable and planted
Protoform Speed 12* - Best for mod, medium stability, high downforce and a little less drag than Speed 8 HD
Protoform Speed 12b* - Best for stock and 19 turn, Medium stability, good downforce and very low drag.
*Light wieght version uses thinner lexan.
What I find nice on the Speed 8 bodies is they have better clearance for tires, so if you want to run a little taller of a tire it's not a problem. With the Speed 12 you have to run a very low tire. But recently I've switched to running the 12B on my current car. At first I didn't like the look of the 12b, the cockpit just looked too small and too far back. But after mounting one on my car and seeing how it fit like a glove I completely changed my mind and really like it a lot now. The cool thing about the 12b is the way Protoform designed it with ridges and creases in just the right spot...it tends to be stiffer then other light weight bodies and doesn't flare out the front of the wheel wells either. I have yet to attach the additional spoiler as my car works well without it...but one of these days I should try it.