R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Nitrage is scary fast
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 06:44 PM
mad-dog
Tech Initiate

Arrow It needs a tad more steering throw

I bought the truggy from http://www.ultimatehobbies.com for $500 and have another $75 tied up in upgrades which make the Nitrage handle better and more bullet-proof.
Even with the CVD's the steering needs more throw so a little grinding on the knuckles is due.
Even if i had to buy upgraded knuckles and other related steering components once they're available i will still have less money tied up then if i had gone with Kyosho, Mugen, Ofna or Associated.
Kit cars like those listed cost 50% more and are only a rolling chassis, you gotta spend another $300-$500 on Engine and Electronics depending on how fancy you wanna get, everybody and their brother has one of those and their good vehicles...........but they broke the bank doing it.
Heck, TeamVTX sells a RTR buggy for $300 that will run with the big-boys.
The Nitrage has a optional 2-speed gearbox that will do 2 things: allow the Nitrage to accelerate faster out of corners and have higher top speeds down the straights.
The 5.2 engine combined with the optional 2-speed make for a potent machine, i have no regrets brother, trust me.
Smokin fast RTR Truggy: $500
Optional upgrades: $75-$150
1 gallon of 30% Nitro:$25
The look on their faces when they get whooped by a Tamiya: $PRICELESS