R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - REVELATION RACEWAY
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 09:34 AM
veejay323
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
r6ryder-ya, I was pitting for Nitro Syco...I saw you drop hard like someone pulled a judo move on you and swept your feet out. We did try to find you, but as the next round of drivers flooded the pit area, I lost track of you also. Good to hear that its not terrible, but it sure looked it, you could see the pain in your face. Good luck to you in your racing.

BTW Ive been tempted to wear shin guards while marshaling. I once saw a guy marshal a car at the landing of a jump, 3 others cleared it, and 2 rode down his back. Luckily no harm done, BUT it could have been to his head had he happened to stand up. This hobby can be quite dangerous, and many of us take safety at the track very lightly. I know I am going to bring gloves now. Grabbing a pipe once or the tires another time while on throttle justifies it.
yah I always wear gloves... motocross gloves work really well and they are pretty cheap. Some even have rubber finger tips which helps when you have to shut a car off by covering the pipe.

imagine turn marshalls dressed in all out football gear, helmet and everything!

1/8 scales have no mercy when they hit people!