R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ONCE YOU GO NITRO YOU NEVER GO BACK....LOL
Old 08-15-2007, 03:25 PM
xlgraphicspro
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the thing I love most about nitro, the fastest guy doesn't always win. I know this may sound discouraging to electric guys who consider themselves fast, but it's true. If your car isn't well maintained, your most likely not going to win. Simple things like a badly tuned engine, blown differentials/shocks. Anyone thing can take you out.

You may ask why I like this, it's because I'm not always the fastest guy on the track. But I maintain my equipment well, and I can drive a clean wreck free race if I concentrate hard enough. I know if I'm going to lose it's because of the way I drove, and not how my car handled/preformed. On top of it all, having a good pit man is essential. I've seen plenty of fast guys lose 5-7 second leads because their pit guy wasn't on his game. If I can't make up the time on the track, sometimes my pit man can give me an edge by being lightning fast. It just adds another dimension to racing that electric doesn't.

I sold the last bit of my electric stuff earlier this summer, and I haven't regreated it one bit. I've raced 1/8th scale buggy for the past 3 years, and also Used to race truggy as well. I'd like to buy another truggy, but with a new house and car, it has to hold off untill I get rich.