R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 12:42 AM
Rick Thomson
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RCpurplecow
I just finished my TC5 and I have to say that it is Amazing!!!!!!!!! The build was perfect. Sorry to others who had a hard time building it...

One question.... I'm new to belt but should the rear belt be tighter than the front? I know others have said that the belt tension is tight but still runnable... Will the kit setting work for break-in or should I switch belt tension?

Thanks to the AE team for yet again an awesome car!
When you set the belt tension like the extra sheet in the kit (I thought it was a yellow one) the belt tension is good, although the belt is tight, it will stay good even with high power on it, like full accelerating or full braking. So with the kit setting (the updated one) the belt tension is really good usable.

Originally Posted by pekpekmaster
anybody using the oneway yet?

how do you guys like it....when the spool comes out, would you be switching to it or sticking with oneway?

any info will help this rookie out.
I'm driving a home made spool, and I will ofcourse still be using it. Personally I don't think people will just switch from oneway to spool. When the real spool is out, there is the advantage of just trying both, and use what is better in that situation. I use a 3,5 BL and I don't even concider using the oneway, because I can't brake with it, which will cost me too much time.