R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tornado fuel, need advice
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 11:50 AM
NitroHead
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hkboy
As far as I know, the guys only stock enough fuel to last the season. Every year, they will order a new batch from Tornado to start the season. So that is why the fuel are fresh.
I have a tin of 25% from 2 years back. Opened it up last week and it still works. These are good stuff.
True Hkboy! Except we received 3 shipments to meet demand and have a 4th shipment on the way.

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
The big thing in your favor is the can itself which will not allow fuel to degrade nearly as quickly as plastic containers, as long as the fuel has been somewhere relatively constant temperature pour some in a clean clear glass and if it's clear (milkiness will indicate it has somehow picked up water and you now own weed killer) go ahead and use it up!!
True as well Rick. Mr. Tong of RC1 Racing and I thank you for your expertice!.
Greg had an open can lost in his garage for about three years and it was still good! He lives in a 4 seasons climate. Tornado fuel is proven to be the best.

Originally Posted by Genius
I used one from a year ago and it seemed fine. This can was like 1/4 left and I just kept it in a dark dry place
There you go!

Thank you all for using tornado products.

Note: Quite a few drivers have been switching to tornado from other brands.
The most common responses are, "It feels crisper", "The engine came to life" and "I'm making run time and I have more power... It doesn't make sense!"
There are more, but I'll let you read them on Mike Myers Starting Grid. I have asked drivers of all levels to write comments of their experiences. Those are coming soon. If you have any more thoughts or questions on the fuel, feel free to post them here.