R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Tiptoe
Tech Initiate

Default Civic

Hey Gang, I'm new to these parts but Ive been running the Mini class cars for years. Lets seee if I can add some insight!

The HPI Civic does indeed fit the new mo-3 Mini just fine. Its a 226 wheelbase so you will need the spacer from the Mo-3m to make it fit. You do need to cut the fenders out a bit more then normal because the Tamiya
tires are taller then the HPI ones but its no big deal and it still looks great. Ive got my Mo-3R all set and ready for war at trackside with said body.

There is atleast one company that makes a spool for the Mini, but since I don't run one I can't tell you who it is, I dunno. Ive seen people run them with various levels of sucess but for my money the ball diff is the best bet for carpet, which all the tracks I race on are paved with.

I run slicks on carpet all the way around and on both RWD and FWD minis. I think its a personal preference as I seem to be the only one that does so!

The shorter cars tend to be a little more twitchy and less stable. On some tracks its VERY noticable. My pops was not able to get his cooper dialed in until he went to a longer wheelbase. Some of the paved tracks the effect is less dramatic. Also remember that the spacer and the extra screws are extra dead weight. Not a lot but when the car only has a Mabuchi to pull it aorund the track...every bit helps.

Hope that helps guys, enjoy!