R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need help with no fuel pressure problem
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 05:36 AM
pumpkinfish
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbrow1
Not sure what exactly the difference is between these two? When you hold your finger over the stinger isn't everything hooked up just like you would go to the track? Easiest way to prime is doing just what you described. I like to kink the pressure line off with my thumb, then flip the lid up and down to prime my engine. That way you can see the fuel slowly go up the line. Works best if the throttle is a little open.

Anyhow, anytime I have ever had a problem where it didn't seem to want to draw fuel thru the line I just replaced the tank and that was that. What truck do you have?
What I meant was I was first doing these tests with the fuel line removed from the carb. The second sentence you quoted was meant to be read that I then hooked the fuel line to the carb. Sorry if it was not clear.

We did try cracking the throttle or even wide open and nothing was working. I will try taking off the carb and making sure it is clean then sealing it. The back plate is sealed already.

The truck in question is my old Mugen MST-1 stadium truck. I have a friend who wanted to run 1/10 truck for a race or two but didn't want to buy one. I have a GT2 to run personally, so I am just trying to help the local class by lending out my old truck. I will try a spare GT2 tank to see if that is the issue. If it works, I will have to fab up a mounting solution. I do remember putting in a new tank when I last ran the truck. That is why I never considered the tank to be an issue.