Thread: Losi Truggy
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Hugh
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by air8
Hugh---Those look awesome. You wrote that they are MT switches. Are the MT the same diameter as MTR? And did you cut/modify the tire beads? Does the sidewall stick out farther than the XTT? Sorry for the ?'s but I'm waiting approval on truggyracers. Thanx
Both the Panther and Pro Lines are very,very close in diameter. No cutting involved at all. The sidewall doesn't hang over at all. It takes a little extra effort and finesse,but you just have to stretch the tire,with the foam already in it, over the rim. Put the bead of the tire on the inside lip of the rim. Then glue the sidewall to the outside edge of the tire. You can use some rubber bands to hold it down until the glue dries. I always use thin glue that gets into the cracks real well. The thin glue works itself around the edge. I also scuff the outside lip of the rim and the sidewall of the tire with some sandpaper. I did a set of Gators like this,too,and they look awesome. I'll be running those this weekend. Pics of the Gators are posted on the link in my first post.

Last edited by Hugh; 08-02-2007 at 11:38 PM.