R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 11:04 PM
smojoe
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Actually, I have a 12th scale car on the drawing board that will only be 12th scale in size, but that's were it will end. It will be a simpler version to prove a point. Likely will use a beam front end with a link-pod rear to accommodate a single cell lipo. I will make up the rear pod to use the Mamba siries motors. The esc will fit right next to motor on the rear pod. There will just be battery leads and a servo harness heading forward. Toss in a Spectrum Micro RX and a mini micro servo and will have the recipe for a 15-16ou race car. Wear and tear on the tires and body will be reduced due to the lack of wieght. Overall equipment needed at the track will be reduced to a charger, power supply, tools, tires and a can of sauce. Talk about cutting the cost of racing? We'd spend more in the vending machine then on the race car. I think that this is out of the box thinking that with the right support, could mold a new future for 12th scale.
ETA? or should I keep my DB12R preorder?

Its going to be a two cell car, correct? I don't believe that the mamba 25 ESC can run on only 3.7 volts (especially when the lowest low-voltage cutoff is 4v)