R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - rc10 gt loose
Thread: rc10 gt loose
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 08:15 PM
jbrow1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sheetmetal2
I saw some referals to this mod but I wasn't able to see what it is. I also just put RPM rear arms on it and I noticed that this upgrade doesn't allow me to change the wheelbase. I have the 3 degree rear blocks are they automatically 2 degrees anti squat?
If the truck is somewhat new the blocks should have the antisquat. To tell for sure you could take one off and put a hinge pin in the front of the hole about an 1/8" in. If it angles upwards going towards the front then it does. If the pin sits flat then it has zero antisquat.

The T4 mods.. The rear is easy, just get a T4 rear stub axle for the cvd, and the conical washer and it'll bolt right in your current cvd's if you have cvd's. The front.. Actually ae has a longer front axle you can buy that widens the front with no other additions.
Or you can buy the T4 castor block, T4 steering block, T4 inline axle, and the vertical hinge pin that connects the steering block and castor block from the T4. The bottom hole of the castor block will need to be drilled out with an 1/8" drill bit to fit the gt hinge pin. Easy enough to do. But the longer axle is the easiest way to go. If you go the hard way you could also buy gt2 castor blocks, steering blocks rather than the T4 ones. They are a bit beefier and the castor block has an added camber hold location.