R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 08:49 AM
Mr. McGoo
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

took the Mi3 out on foams for the first time yesterday - all I can say is that within 2 battery packs I was going just as fast as I was with my previous car. the track I am running it is a low bite LARGE flowing track with a couple of switch backs

I used Goetz's kit setup but started out with lowered shock oil all the way around 40/20. The felt easy to drive, but still had some push in it.

I then raised up my rollcenter's 1mm all the way around - that helped A TON!!

The car still felt sluggish. It didn't "pop" out of the corners. I had to slow down too much in order to get around the corners. I was still running fast, but it wasn't there.

A fellow teammate was running the stock track rod, so i changed out the track rod the setup called for and threw on the stock track rod, and that definitely felt like it gave me a more responsive steering - which is what i needed.

It was time to leave the track after doing all of that - but I did drive my fellow teammates car. He basically was running the same setup I had went to, but had 50/40 shock oil, he had the 1 degree rear hubs (i didn't), thin sway bar up front, shorter "stock" track rod moved forward two holes, and his front shocks on the arm were on the outside hole.

I was able to go consistently faster with his car than with mine. I am thinking my lower weight shock oil is a major factor, and possibly the shorter track rod.

All in all - I was VERY happy with my first day out on foams. I will update again after tomorrow's racing.