R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Hellfire SS Kit Build & Long Term Review
Old 07-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Hellsavage
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MadHacker
Thanks Hellsavage.

I know that I have more preload spacers on the front than on the rear in this setup, which might seem like my ride height would be higher on the front... but with the way the shock mount positions are in this setup they actually need more preload, and the front ride height is actually a bit lower than the rear (putting more weight on the front tires for steering).
I know what U mean I had the same 2 weeks ago. But them there was a pro who came up to me and told me to lower the front. I reacted the same as U dit, but dit it anyway. It improved my laps with a full second. Dont know it its in my head or the car but it dit make a difference.
He told me whem the car is stationairy the front looks low. When U hit the throttle the front wil rize. When U stir in to a corner U hit the brakes first U want your front to be as low as possible for max grip when cornering.
Anyway to me it made a difference and its a tuning done in a sec. So U could give it a try. If it is no good go back to old set up in a sec. So U spil 2 seconds trying.

mzl Hellsavage