R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2001, 06:34 AM
Manticore
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Speedo
Manticore-what car do you run now? Yeah, I agree, they should have had these things out a long time ago! I wanted them for the pro too

Anyway, about the blocks, yokomo claims that the 3 degree blocks make the car more agressive, while the 7 degree ones do the opposite. I have heard differently, but this makes sense. Less castor means the front of the car doesn't raise as much when the wheels are turned; the more castor the more the front is rasied during cornering. Of course the shocks compress, so the the chassis still lowers, but not as much as with less castor. less castor means the front can lower more, transfering more weight onto the front tires, and therefore making the car more aggressive. Any thoughts?

kentech- congratulations on the win, even though it was a while ago. We are having our Northwest carpet champs here the first weekend of December, and I am looking forward to that. What kind of layout and surface is your carpet track? I am interested, because I am playing around with setups, and trying a few things. I notice that your shocks are very short, and the same length all round. What do you think about running it this way? Also, what do you find different about the worlds and special swayabrs.

Anyone who runs carpet, could you please shar a bit about your setup? I am interested, to see what other ppl are running. I started the special out with 40 and 3's, and am pleased to see that is what most people run, so I must have gotten that right. Other than that, what have you done to your car?

Speedo
I have Xray and YM34 (jap version) and like both cars on drive tran efficiency. pretty much happy with the xray although I had a corally C4 before. the C4 pissed me off a bit due to its fault in design.

about the 3' C block, It should give you better grip at the front end as you will have better tire contact patch when you steer.

Last edited by Manticore; 11-14-2001 at 06:37 AM.