R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Hellfire SS Kit Build & Long Term Review
Old 07-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Dustkicker
Tech Rookie

Today I had my first full day's outing with my Hellfire and it hasn't disappointed. I'm still running it a little rich to be safe but it flies pretty well. The track today was damp and the Nubz worked fine, even after a passing storm in the afternoon!

Problem report...the servo horn that came with the kit stripped after an early hard landing. So I replaced it with the one that came with the Ace servo which, even though was made of plastic, had a metal reinforcement ring. That worked well for the rest of the day. Also I slackened the servo saver a little so hard knocks were more forgiving. If anyone can work out a way of adjusting this without needing to remove the servo I've love to hear it!
The engine also got shunted slightly sideways after another bad landing and unmeshed the gears. I wasn't aware but I probably didn't tighten down the screws enough. This was quickly rectified using the old paper "between the gears" installation trick and extra threadlock on the screws.

Overall I suffered a few cartwheels and forward flips but the car just kept on ticking which was great. Car has great power coming out of turns and enjoys the table top jumps. Still plenty of potential for tuning in, looking forward to it already!