R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Truggy Tires
Thread: Truggy Tires
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Wolverini
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nay0k
From the description, it sounds like an MTR(I'm guessing this is similar to M3 compound?) compound Bow Tie would be optimal. I'm guessing the track might blue groove at certain points, creating a good environment for Holeshots but to be safe in the sandier parts (if this is the case), the Bow Ties would dig a bit better.
The only thing controvercial in that is the MTR suggestion. MTRs are great for ripping down the straights but a MT w/ some good molded foams like Ofna orange for example can rip down the straights AND rip through the corners while the MTRs go sliding out of control with less of a side grip. All of this depends on your style of course like whether you power through a corner or coast around under minimal power to maintain grip. Typically from what he describes I'd suggest moving to a crimefighter for starters and maybe Bowties if the track is not as technical and doesn't have as many sharp turns. End result is that a CF w/ soft compound can take the minimal amount of bluegroove and still be able to gain some ground in the looser stuff and sand.

Ask the guy standing next to you in the pits what HE runs and then ask the next 4 guys you run into. You'll soon find out what the best tire to run is at YOUR track and not ours.