R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"
Old 07-11-2007, 10:10 PM
trailranger
Tech Fanatic

Sensorless controllers have the ability to get smaller, but the NOVAK GTB will
stay hefty for a while. The Brushed function is nothing more than software in the controller. What does take up board space that is not on other ESC's is the FAN, SENSOR hardware, modular plugs/wires. I would rather own a GTB for the modular wires and plugs. I have fired too many things trying to replace damaged input wires.

The longer motor pods would be great for the 10.5, 13.5 and soon 17.5 motors. Too bad I don't have one yet.

The design I came up with for the car would have better shock settings and would be LiPo ready with the swap of the battery holddown. Since Lipos could be lighter, the Servo could shimed inboard 3mm along with the ESC. The LiPo Pack would be set outboard 3mm.
The geometry of the car could also be better since the mass of the car is more compact and closer to the actual rotational point of the car. Yes there would be more sawy action compared to the Mx2, but every other car out there would too.

You have to remember brushless has a foothold and I really do not see saddle "bags" making the long term cut. Its either out front or dead last, racing or business.