R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 06:30 PM
protc3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Nice work as usual Jason. Are you going to solder up from the top or the bottom? What compensations to the diff/axle are going to take place make up for the pod plate being moved over 2mm?

I know that when I made my "one off" brushless rear pod, I had to come up with 3.6mm towards the diff to center up. That required a new right side diff hub, upper and lower plates and a little delrin work to make my thrust kit work. Since I have run it, I did find that the tire wear has leveled out side to side. Acceleration tracked straight. And it cornered simetrically. Otherwise, it worked just fine. I will never build this conversion, so someone like yourself may as well take the reigns and run with it. For the guys who want to run brushed... sell them a 3.6mm spacer! Simple!!!

I wish that we could get away from the ride adjusters. That method is way over due for a revamp. Some kind of clicker, cam, gizmo.... something so that the axle did not have to come appart and was quick to change. I had something 15 years ago that did just that.... might have to revisit that idea.

Keep up the good work.

Brian-www.slapmastertools.com
my goal is to center the central mass of the brushless motor as best as possible without exotic modifications.without changing the offset of the axle i may be backed into a corner.i will see how close i can get it with the given space.thanks for the kudos bro.