R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pro-match Batteries
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 04:04 AM
markf3x
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Pro-Match EP 4200's Rock! Scarey Good, I tell Ya!

This last weekend, I was whining about about my battery packs before a race. It so happened that Yang's car was messed up and he couldn't race. He was a really swell guy and loaned me 3 brand new Pro-Match EP 4200 packs. Here's my comments on these:

1. Becauses these were brand new packs (never charged/discharged/anything) I discharged to .9 volts. During this process I was amazed at how closely the cells hit .9v. Within a few seconds of each other. hmmm- this is a sign of good things to come.

2. Although I normally use a Spintec Individual Cell Charger, I used a normal charger to charge at 6.0 amps.. The cells were quiet! No burping, farting, belching (like my 4 month old non-EP4200's cells). I manually watched the voltage of indvidual cells and they were pretty dead even charging. They all appeared to peak together.

3. The cells ran great. Scarey good! Good punch.Dindn't drop off too much (1/10carpet/rubber tire).

4. I put the cells on a tray and boosted them to 30 amp discharge, 'til the first crossed .9v. Actually, I remember 4 cells hitting .9 within 2 seconds of each other, WOW!. After first triggered, I reset it to 2A discharge to equalize the pack. At 2 amps the cells hit .9 within 1 minute of each other, darn close!

5. Monday morning I called Erica at Pro-Match and placed my order for 4 packs. Pro-Matches EP4200's are what batteries should be....predictable!!! and it was obvious Pro-Match did a great job matching and prepping these packs. I look forward to my new packs and hope Yang has his car back in working order for the race in 2 weeks.

Cheers,
Mark Taylor