R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MBX5
Thread: MBX5
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 07:55 PM
RoyG
Tech Rookie

Default thanks lads

Thanks guys for all the input, this forum and thread has been very valuable as i cannot get any worth while info on the forums over here.

I cannot remember the size of the track but the best times from the best drivers at the club come in around 47 to 49 seconds a lap, the straight is about 160 feet long if i remember correctly, the dirt jumps are not great right now and punish the buggy`s really bad.

My problem with cornering is mostly mid to corner exit, i thought i might just be throttle happy as i have only raced twice at the track and as Tony said, maybe i`m just too used to running on grass.As for tyres, i know that crimefighters in m2 compound are very popular on dirt but they just do`nt seem to work for the guys that tried them, turbo rats, losi step pins or directionals seem to be the first choice.The track is very low grip and at the end of the day when its time for the finals it gets extremely dusty, i also think i would get lost trying to choose a tyre for a wet track.

Thanks to everyone here on this thread for all the input, i have really enjoyed reading the posts, also a special thank you to Tony for getting back to me so fast with all the set ups and info.
Cheers.Roy