R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 08:02 PM
gtsum
Tech Regular

Alright fellas, I need some help here. I have had the 8ight for about 5 gallons now (all track time) and love it. I have not had issues until now. For the past 2 gallons or so, I am have been having an issue with the carb - when the motor heats up (about 220 degrees), the carb starts to stick and will not open smoothly...sometimes it sticks so bad, you have to use pliers to pull it out all the way. Now, this is NOT a motor issue...this is happening with 3 different engines! (Ninja, Sirio with vspec carb, and a Nova 21). It ONLY happens when it gets hot. When cold, the carb action is smooth as butter. I have adjust all my carb angles every which way, the throttle arm, etc. I followed the post on here (with the pics) to the T when I built it and did NOT have any of these issues for the first 3 gallons or so. I know my EPA's and linkages are good....

I thought it was my qoncepts engine mount, because it seemed to start about the time I put this on and the Extreme Racing CB radio tray. I changed back to the stock 8ight engine mounts and it still does it. I am going to take the CF radio tray off and try it, but I doubt this is the issue???

Another odd thing is my buddy's eight started to do the same thing the other day with his Radical 621T. Same EXACT thing...he has never had an issue either (and he is on the stock throttle servo as well...we built them together). Perhaps a bent chassis, or the chassis is tweaked (since it does it with ALL the engines I have tried and only when hot)?

Has anyone else seen this issue????