R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 05:20 AM
Ed237
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Drifthead - I think I was talking to you a little bit about your 1/10 and getting into some racing. So far, so good. The best thing you've done so far is get to the track, watch some races, and found out what you liked. Thats going to make it a lot easier for you when you race.

The class your interested in is by far the most popular right now, 1/8 Buggy, and there are a lot to choose from. I would strongly recommend the Losi 8ight (the silver buggy) or the Jammin X1CR (That is what I was driving - the blue/white/black one). The Losi has an edge in performance, but the Jammin is slightly more reliable. The other option is the Sportsworks Turmoil which is very good package. And you cant go wrong with buggies from Kyosho or Mugen either.

Make sure you check with Chuck or Doug at the Race Station before you buy anything, they will steer you in the right direction.

You were right about my buggy in the Main - it was a lot better - but it wasnt engine tuning, it was tires and a sway bar adjustment. If you can pick up the throttle just a 1/10 of second earlier through a corner, or carry more speed, it will make your car appear to have more power.

Good luck and I hope we see you on the track soon.