R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 07:28 PM
d4man
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Chris, there is no 'grit' left in the sport. The grittiest and most outspoken critic of NASCAR died at Daytona in 2001. Since then, NASCAR has seized control. Total absolute control. If you're a crewcheif and you criticize NASCAR, and NASCAR hears you say these things over the radio, you could get ejected. Already happened. Darrell Waltrip used to criticize NASCAR all the time on TV. They dumbed him down also. Phantom debris caution flags make for all out boring and dangerous finishes. Why was NASCAR the only auto sport who would race back to the yellow? Thats suicide. Finally, they changed that. Why do cars that are one or more lap(s) down start inside the leader? Its ridiculous. Why doesn't NASCAR hire a full time safety crew like NHRA and IRL do? They certainly have the money. Everyone is well paid and filthy rich in NASCAR, so there are no outspoken critics because they give them just enough money to shut them up. Oh, and I almost forgot the commercial breaks on TNT are just too much for me to handle. 20 green flag laps equal 10 minutes of the same old commercials.....

Besides, the only lap that matters is the last one. So i'll skip all the crap, commercials, pre race hoopla and just watch the only lap that matters.