R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Ed237
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I can't even begin to express my frustration with the 'collapse' of 1/10 scale (electric or gas).

The guy I sold my old RC10GTs to brought one back to me because it needed repaired. It didnt take but 5 mintues to remove and re-install the motor/clutch/transmission and diganose the problem (dreaded clutchbell bearings) and get it running. It was so easy to work on. I miss that. (I was staring at my Jammin currently in 50 peices with contempt as I repaired his GT)

The whole time I was working on it, my subconcious was telling me to "buy it back" . . . "buy it back" . . . but I didnt because nobody races them anymore.

I'm not trying to rally the 1/10 scale crowd - I've enjoyed 1/8 scale at times this year too, and there's always enough guys to race, but, it's not the same. I'm beginning to think 1/10 is never comming back to the Altoona Raceway.

Icenutz brought is NIB unassembled CRT.5 kit to the track and I have to admit I was impressed with it. But, if the class takes off, it will be the death nail of 1/10 scale.