R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ta04r...
Thread: Ta04r...
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2003, 11:12 AM
Mike F
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by psycho
awtwac

Skip the belt tensioner that sits on the upper deck. You won't need it. Also, pick up a sheet of the teflon stuff that you stick to the bottor of a carbon fiber chassis. You want to cut a couple strips of it and stick it to the edges of the battery tray so the battery bars ton't make contact with the chassis. Carbon fiber conducts electricty, so you packs will short out on the chassis and cause problems if you use side by side packs. Other than that, buy the lightweight diff outdrives and the hard touring car spring set and you should be ready to race.
I would listen to these guys awtwac, psycho and difuser and several others, like peter-robsinson,Steevo, izzyracer, KINGZJ, rowdyrj and others have great advise.

One thing that I saw in a rc magazine was a hole drilled into the Alum Motor mount to get to the belt loop on the rear gear case. I don't know if that's legal in GT2 class but it looks to be an interesting idea.

I ran my 04R about 2 races ago, it was on rails. Then only complaint that I have is the rims that came with the kit. One was warped.