R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 10:33 PM
F. Alonso
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wing Chun
Hi Guy's
Have many of you broke your Servo saver body ( the purple 75143a peice) I have now broke 2 of these and have found them very weak. They have broke where the collar threads on. One during a smash and one while doing up the collar.
Is there a repalacement stronger part that anyone knows of.
Have many of you guys had this problem or is it my brute strength that just does it.
BTW Simon
that setup for bumpy low grip tracks is a real hit I have sent over 20 to other guy's.

Thanks Addam
Hi Addam,

Glad to hear that the setup is a hit with all... even if it does mean that it will be harder to win. Still... I'd rather see Cyclones flying fast then trundling around slow.

As far as your question about the servo saver post (the part with the thread on it), I have broken mine once on my Surikarn kit where the thread was. Never nice having your steering all floppy. Sad part is that I never looked at it until the Saturday night of our nationals in Queensland, and I was wondering why my car felt disjointed.

I didn't have a spare but I still had enough thread to do it up, provided that I didn't use the spring, so effectively I had no servo saver on the car. I ran it like that for the next few months without a hitch!