R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 03:36 PM
RAP66
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nemix
OK i'm a noob to onroad.. but i picked up two new kits tc5 and losi type r. I was going to run tc5 on carpet and losi type r on indoor asphalt.... However my losi kit came with two right front bulkheads, so i wont be finishing that car to race on asphalt this weekend

However, whats the real difference? The type r has a carbon chasis, and two diffs, not a spool, yet it comes out of the box with asphalt set up instructions as well as carpet? What's the difference between it and the tc5 thats carbon with two diffs? Its seems that everywhere i see about the tc5 its people having to wait for the itf chasis and spool, which arent out yet?

What am I missing? I know it has to be something, the cars seem to have the same working parts, but no one is bringing up issues racing the losi car on asphalt out of the box.

Will i muck up my tc5 if i race it on asphalt out of the box?
Regardless of the chassis stock or IRF, you can adapt any car to the race surface. It's all going to be in the setup, I'm sure the thinner chassis would make things easier. Personally I have no plans on getting the irf chassis, will it affect how the car runs?? sure! but I can adjust in the setup. Remember the old yokomo chassis (YR4 M2 & Type J I believe) everyone said it was too thin and flexed too much, so we stiffened it up by adding posts, some peeps even doubled the chassis. Even Schuie had a thicker chassis... Ahhh the trends