R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 06:01 PM
thewholeyearinn
Tech Adept

sweet Tom! I called the soiltac today, the rep and I estimated needing two drums of soiltac to treat our track once. one drum costs $500 and shipping for two drums to central pa was estimated at $400 so we're looking at $1400 dollars for an application. I'm certain the stuff is awesome, and I really can't wait to try it, but when it works and everyone is all over getting it done, I just want folks to know that it is a little salty. not trying to piss on the cheerios here, you guys know where I'm coming from.

If you are able to get a gallon that would be sweet, I'd consider dumping it into a tote of water and spraying down the racing line, but i think it would be best to get some rain and get a comple of guys out to tarp and roll the track before we put down any soiltac. The more compacted the soil the longer the treatment lasts. I know that is not the right ratio but for rc racing a little may go a long way?

I would be interested in knowing if Woodard ever has any extra or would ever be willing to sell us any at an affordable cost, that would rock, but I'm not sure they would be interested. How about for free advertising on www.altoonaraceway.com???

Again, Thanks Tom!!!!! you rock!

Awesome racing with you on Sunday! I hope you and Keith make it back for some more 1/8th action!

Fasteddie - again - that was the most fun I've had rc racing in a while, and I always have a blast! you handed me my a** and it was still fun!

this is the best smile ever -