R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 08:38 AM
yyhayyim
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Inboard and outboard toe are two different adjustments. Especially in the front of the car. In the front we call it arm sweep. And it changes a lot more than front toe. We don't really use it for toe adjustments at all. That's what your steering links are for. It changes the path the suspension travels when compressed. Generally, a little forward arm sweep will give more steering all around. But it's a driver preference thing. A lot of guys don't like the way it feels. I haven't tried it on the new car yet (I had plenty of steering at Reedy!) but I really liked it on the old car. In the rear, we only use inboard toe (right now) to adjust rear toe. I don't know if there's going to be an option for different rear hub carriers for outboard toe adjustments in the rear.
Thanks Jon...well the Hb Cyclones run 2.5 deg block of front inboard toe, or as you refer to it "sweep", and it comes stock like that. I have driven them and they have lots of steering...it seems to work fine for their cars...just wondering what inboard/outboard toe changes affect. It seems like increasing front inboard toe, will also alter your ackerman, droop and caster and camber...but you can easily re-adjust them to what you had before and increase the front sweep for more steering, I guess...

Have you posted you set-ups from the Reedy yet?