R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Jon Kerr
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I mentioned the camber link mounts to PW. Instead of changing the design of the car and the way they mount to the bulkheads, my suggestion was to simply put a ball stud in there with a .050 hex in the screw side of it so you could access it from the top side. Simply change the ball stud and you're good to go. No flipping the way brackets mount and adding option holes. Like Adrian said, that would be a step backward. The only problem I can see with my idea is if there's enough material on the screw to allow for a hex to be in the screw side of it. But that could be addressed with a different bracket to accommodate a larger diameter stud. Until then, I just pop off the ball cup and unscrew the bracket to make my changes. I'd rather spend an extra few minutes and have the infinite options we have than be able to change from 2 or 3 locations in 10 seconds. I raised my inner front camber link mounts .5mm last week and it made a significant difference. If I'd only been able to go up 1 or 2mm like most of the cars, it would have been too much of a change I think.