R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 03:23 AM
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
Can I just get this right? You are OK to pay about $40 for a receiver pack, but not a lesser amount of money to get a better product that will remove a lot of weight from your car (receiver pack), is 100% reliable, and easier to use.

Sometimes I don't think people read what they type!!
The issues are completely seperate. The weight difference between the 2 transponders is minimal at best (a few grams at the most) while the decision to use a reciever battery pack or not has to do with radio and servo performance. Running the iPT vs the AMB is not going to change the reason why I need to run either a reciever capacitor or a reciever pack. And FYI the reciever packs I've been looking at are only about $20...

Not to mention the AMB transponders are hugely overpriced as it is. But they can get away with it because they hold a virtual monopoly on the industry. When the AMB PTs first came out they sold for $50 to $60...then once they realized that people would pay more for them they nearly doubled the price.

And it's not really lighter anyway...the AMB at 8grams includes the wire lead while the i-PT at 6grams does not. You'll easily get another 2 grams just in the wire alone.

Last edited by InspGadgt; 05-16-2007 at 03:58 AM.