R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 10:47 AM
gtsum
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by scr_achy
Throttle servo bit the dust this weekened (5955T). Thats one for steering, one for throttle.

I've read all they're is to read, setup my endpoints blah blah blah.

Those who say these servos don't get hot are crazy. During practice friday I pulled my 8ight off, the throttle servo was so hot you couldn't touch the dang thing. Next day during qualifying it took a dump.

Lasted just under 2 gallons. This is getting expensive

When the servos stay in, it is fast as heck, but to keep them running is hard to do. If only they're was a cure.
I hate to bust on ya, but if your servo's are getting hot and are frying, then the simple explanation is your settings are not quite right - there are no other explanations. You may have checked all your EPA's, but something has to be off. Is the throttle arm parallel to the ground? Is is parrallel to the servo case? When you are at WOT, are you able to pull the throttle arm out another 2-3 mm or so to allow for chassis flex? Is there any servo/radio tray movement when you at WOT and when you are braking? Are you running the rubber grommets AND the spacers? Every 8ight I have helped set up (mine inclluded of course) has not had a single issue - I am at 3-4 gallons, buddy is at 3 gallons, another guy at 2 gallons, etc. These are all different servos as well (JR9000 for me, Hi Tec 645's for my buddy, and Hi Tec 625's for another guy).