R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 10:46 AM
J.Filipow
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Marcos J- Actually, I think you're right on pointing out that the rubber tire set up that is in the kit manual does spec sway bars front and rear. The point of my post was just to illustrate the fact that I have wandered away from some of the kit set up and clocked times with and without sway bars (along with some other changes) and I felt the need to reiterate the conclusion that the sway bars made the car more consistent.

CRASH- I am running 3.5 mm over ride height droop in the front and 4 mm over ride height in the rear. 15 lb. springs in the front with 56 piston and 30 weight oil, red tamiya foam over bladder; 12.5 springs in the rear with 56 piston and 35 weight oil, red tamiya foam over bladder.

mojoman- Yes, try one front AND rear, be sure to run lap times with and without sway bars and see what the difference is to you. As for shims under the rear pivots, I am not running any anti or pro squat. I am actually running the rear arms all the way forward, but I will be sure to try moving them back next time out as ou suggested.

I would also like to note that two of Losi's newest team drivers here in the So Cal area, Jason Ertrachter and Alan Hewitt, were also out practicing yesterday and are fairing very well with their new cars. I think that the Type R's were the fastest cars in spec all day yesterday.