R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Darkseid
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Same here...I only run Orion 4800mah Lipo packs...the info posted about the Mi3 does say that the Mi3 was designed to carry Orion 4800packs. However, some has complained that they actually dont work well on the Mi3, since the bulkhead covers the area where the negative plug on the battery hooks up. This could be due to the close parallel proximity of the Mi3 bulkheads, which are the closest in the world. The Yokomo BD has a similar issue, and the only way around it is to dremmel off the top deck if you want to keep it inside. Or just move it outside where it sits almost overhanging the chassis...which throws off balance...I hope this is not the case with the Mi3. Someone please get some Orion Lipo and test please....
The problems I've heard reported are that the pack, when positioned properly, is actually making contact with the steering ackerman arm. And that those having the problem are having to push the the pack further to the outside to avoid that, THEN thats when the battery terminal is being blocked. So your then stuck trying to angle the pack to get it to work up front clearing the steering arm and at the rear leaving access to battery port.