R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 03:20 PM
stuey
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
IMO, the aluminium seems to develop a little play after about 4-6 months of use. The blades seem to be harder then the aluminium. Don't know what material the blades are made from, maybe it's "delrin" . I've had the delrin in since January, and with regard to wear; if it's not better then, it's at least as good as aluminium. I would imagine its lighter and I also think it makes the diff smoother as well.

Has anyone had trouble with wear on the aluminium centre pulleys? I'm assuming that this wear is coming from belt skip/wrap around the pulley because of the size and material of the pulley. I had heard that Tamiya went from a 15t to a 17t pulley to stop there excessive wear they were getting, but don't know for sure. I've just stuck in some 3Racing centre pulleys (and new belts) to see if it actually works/fixes it...
wear did you hear tamiya went from 15 to 17 tooth centre pullys as tamiya have a 16 tooth pully on the 415 415ms 415msx 415msx mre 415msxx and the ta05 to be honest the wear rate of the centre pully on the cyclone is pretty good comparied to the tamiya if your that cocerned the 3 racing pullys are pretty good ive not run one on the cyclone but i had one on the tamiya and they use the same pullys the only iffrence is the holder.