Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2003, 06:18 PM
stormperson
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

this is the basic starting point for the rev. 3:

Front:
20 front springs (or whatever come stock), purple front tires, and run anywhere from half to 90% compound, and also take one of the heavy paper header cards that come with spare parts and cut a strip (like 3mm x the lenth of the front arm mount) and place it under the arm mount on the outside of the screws. this gives you a little bit of camber, and will make the car handle better.

Rear:

Pick up a black center spring, and 80-100 wieght oil for the center shock. also i raised the heigh of the ballstud on the antenna mount (the more horizontol it is, the more steering you have, and also it doesnt hit the battery, lol). Also run the batteries back, unless you really need alot of steering and nothing else works, since in a 12th scale rear traction is key. Run you diff as loose as possible without slipping (kinda standard for all 12th scales), and for a monster stock on a relativly large track i run 26/100 for gearing and then go up or down depending on track size and the induvidual motor (at the carpet nats this year i ran a 32/100, since the track was so big).

Also make sure your side links are perfect, they can really throw off the handling of the car.

Also when setting the front steering turnbuckles, make sure you set toe in with the servo saver straight up (both sides dont have to be equal, but the servo saver must be straight up or else you will have some messed up exponentials, lol).

A trick on the front end: instead of using e-clips which are a pain to put in and sometimes come out during race, i use a set screw (you have to drill a hole, but it isnt that hard to do) to hold in my kingpin (and i also dremeled down the lengh of it so it wouldnt run the inside of the wheel.