R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 10:18 PM
syndr0me
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I finally had my first bad luck with arms breaking, and lost a front and rear. I can't say either hit was particularly spectacular, but both were decent (one brushing a board kinda hard at decent speed, one from getting hit from behind after missing an apex.) Both were incidents that could have been avoided, but I see other cars regularly survive far more punishment without broken parts, so I'm a little disheartened by it. I guess add me to the list of people that hopes something positive happens with the arms, but it's something I can live with in the meantime.

I noticed tonight that you can't run foam tires much lower than about 54.5mm and still make 2mm of uptravel, at least in the rear. The arms will sit on the chassis, which prevents any further upward movement. Maybe that's too small to be running tires anyway, but I'm used to basically taking them down to the rim during club races. Is there something I'm missing, or is that just the way it goes with this car's design?

This car continues to drive like a dream, and go exactly where I want it to, faster than any before it. I hope our guy comes through with a weighted LiPo tray soon, I want to get that weight back down low. A tray weighing around 6oz would be perfect. Losi? :-)

Last edited by syndr0me; 04-24-2007 at 10:54 PM.