R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Robitronic Avid Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 10:18 AM
OllieRDX
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Quante
I dont think you ever owned one since yer name is `RDX` so how can you even comment??? from seeing a `pro` driver driving this car?

I know Markus said in the German forum he had NEW AXLES, this was 2 months ago and they`re still not in the stores for the REGULAR drivers

I know how Markus drives, give him a TYCO and he`ll still be faster then us.
I actually said that the car the car drives well.

I sold the car already, I have driven it a total of 20 batteries in 3 weeks, do you really think I love loosing money on selling the car second hand??
You can ask Niels Meurs or Johnny Matthieu (I thought you knew these persons), they were there when I was testing it. From the moment I touched the throttle somewhat too much (and it really wasnt punching it), the cars belt slipped over the pulley. and my belt was already too tight for comfort.

I asked Robitronics about the axles numerous times, no response, Not from Markus (who did the post there were new axles), not from anyone in Robitronics, you can check the forum if you`d like.

Luckily for me I still had my Yokomo and the Avid was sold the day I turned it in at Viol.
I saw frederico drive the car to he's fast to with the car and it just the kit car no options. Markus drove the white belts. he drove the prototype CVD's from the prototype black Avid from the beginning. They are gold collored.
And if you don't like the car don't make the avid like its shit.
thats a shame because i know some other people who drive the avid and i drove it to from those guys and the car is frealin fast and realible.
Its not always the car sometimes its how you drive a car. If You put the car sideways and go fullthrottle then the material is having a hard time. you have this with every car.
xray has problems with the bearings that break verry fast.
But nobody sayin the car is shit.
So i know you don't like the car but don't say its shit.
Its robitronics first competitive Touring Car.
So its all new for them.
The car will be better in the future.
i'm sure.

PS: Succes with the YOKOMO

Greetings Ollie

Last edited by OllieRDX; 04-16-2007 at 11:32 AM.