R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CEN Matrix TR
Thread: CEN Matrix TR
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 06:11 AM
bobf24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slakr
I am seriously considering the CEN Martix TR Arena RTR and Matrix C1 ARR.
So far I really like what I have seen and read about TR Arena and I do not currently have a Truggy.
As for the C1; I do currently have an MBX5 Prospec buggy, but might switch just to keep it all in the family.
Anyway; my question pertains to the engine mounts, particularly on the C1 ARR.
Are they the same as the engine mounts on the C1 RTR? Or are they the same as on the C1 Pro?
The reason I ask this is that I like using a roto start.
So, I would assume an engine with a roto start backplate would mount right up on the C1 RTR and TR Arena RTR; since they both include a pull start engine.
However, with C1 ARR, I am not sure what the included motor mounts are like.
Also, is there a roto start backplate available for the CEN engine that is included with the TR Arena?
My LHS says there is; but I haven't been able to find it on the internet.
Thanks in advance for the help and for providing this is a very informative thread.
the motor mounts for all the matrix buggies are the same, they are also basically the same for the truggy, other than the bottom half on the pipe side is extended, but the blocks the actual engine bolts to are the same,

also I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the rotostart unit for the .26 that comes with the RTR buggy will work on the truggy .28, shoot an email to customer service at CEN, and they can confirm, I think there may be a slight mod you have to do to it, but its really easy to do,