R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 09:14 AM
F. Alonso
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Doucakis
I got confused.
At the beginning of your post you mention that all electronics are opposite to the battery, at the left side of the chassis, same side as the motor as you are using a 6 cell configuration.
This makes perfect sence as with 6 cells the chassis is well balanced having all electronics on the left side (motor side) and the 6 cell pack on its own on the right side.

but
further on, you mention that you placed your receiver at the same place as I did, with the personal AMB in front of the cells.
Is this still with 6 cells or you changed to 5 cells?
If it is with 6 cells, it will be pretty tight to place the receiver on the battery side, as I have used the space of the 6th cell to place the receiver.

I am waiting to see your photos.
Okay, sorry to confuse. On the Motor side of the chassis, I have the Motor, Servo and LRP Sphere Speedy. On the battery side of the car, I have the Spektrum Micro Reciever, and the AMB Transponder. I have found that ever since we have been running with brushless motors, etc, that the weight balance had been shifted to the motor side. So, to combat this (and to get more cooling to the Speed Controller), I have wired my electronics as explained.

Pictures will tell the true story... I will post them as soon as I can (going away this weekend so maybe in a few days). BTW - Love the photos and prep work you do on your cars mate, the best looking chassis going around!