R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novarossi engines thread
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 06:01 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sirio2127
I don't under stand why you would need to totaly rebuild any unmoded good quality engine after only 4 galon's of fuel. If i don't get 10 gallons from an engine befor it needs a new piston and liner then i know i'm doing somthing wrong. A novarossi should last 8 to 10 gallons of fuel befor the piston and niner need to be replaced. Normaly to make an engine last that long you need to check the conrod and bearing for excess play and ware. Some people may think i'm running my engines ritch but i ashore you there not ritch or lean. There is a limet to paformance I constantly see people push engines well beyond its intended paformance boundres. All i can say is you should be able to get 10 gallons of fuel in run time from a novarossi piston and lniner and ruffly 3 maby 4 rod and bearing changes providing you use novarossi bearings and when you change the conrod replace the piston pin and clips at the same time every time you change the conrod. Never wash and reuse air filters if you have spent the money on a novarossi why save 5 bucks by useing a dirty filter and the wrong air filter oil. All ways use a quality fuel I use Vp racing At rc car fuel. But there are many outhers like werks whitelightning tornado coolpower/sidewinder and many more. Heat and dirt and dust is what are the bigest damages to any engine. You can get paformance with out running engines at crazy temps. No mods are needed to any novarossi engine all your doing is creating a unreliable engine. Stratagy is what win's races not stright line speed. Regards Jeremy.
Thks I will have it on mind.