R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 03:08 AM
Dreamcatcher
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomkelley
Will it work well with rubber tires? If so, how long will they last? If they work, last longer, and cheaper than foams why not run em? If thats the case I'm just thinking that if this class gets going, rubber tires might be another selling point for the class

I also like the idea you guys are able to run cheap 150dollar motors in them.

I'm also curious about the progressive dampening on this car. I bet bottoming out isn't much of a problem huh?
Yes! They will work as long as the camber is set correctly and the wear is even, the rubber will last much longer. The Problem is, anyone getting into this car is usauly coming from using foams and the first thing they want to do is put on foams on the car. I ran a new set of foam tires and half way thru the day, besides having to readjust ride height every run the tires were gone
after half a day. So i put on the oringinal tires that came with the car i finished up the day. the next day i put on a new set of the ofna premounted tires(remember, there are different rubber compounds) and did the exact same thing i did the day before with the foam tires to see the difference. since then, i have repeated my outing 2 1/2 different time and i still have those same tires on. Listen, we all know that foams will give us more traction than rubber but if i can save by running rubber and still have good enough traction to have a great race than this is the way to go in my book. look at overseas, if They can set up 1/10 nitro touring cars to run on rubber tires(even in the rain)and they have traction, why can't it be done with cars like the DM-1, Inferno GT, Ofna GTP,Hot bodies Lighting street or any other cars in this catagorery? If more people would look at this car logicly, this class would grow quicker than you think. and Bottoming out isn't an issue
This can be an inexpensive class to run if you really look at it and that is a good thing in this expensive world of R/C racing. Now after all that, Can you tell i love this class Hav A Great Day!