R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 05:26 AM
429racer
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussB
well, i had a hard time believing the reports on here that the new ea3 arms are fragile... i had run arms on the mid motor car made from that material and they were durable as heck.

one slight brush with a bumper on my first run cracked one of my front arms in half. it split in half right where the arms are notched out for wheel clearance. i put on some jrxs graphite arms in the front and had no further problems.

other than that, the car ran good. i'm still fine tuning my setup, but i was able to run some pretty good times today while practicing.
After driving the JRXS and seeing how durable that car was I thought this one would be awesome. I am glad to hear that there are a few more out there with this issue than a couple of us. The car is fast and feels real good. I am waiting for my P-Dub bumper, I am going racing today and all I have is one more pair of arms. I did make an extended bumper brace for the front so hopefully that will help out. I conjured up the idea that I would copy the Kydex plastic brace that was used on the Corally, instead of plastic I used a 1/8 inch thick Lexan.