R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 10:24 AM
jkas10
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricF
a quick way to measure pod droop is to take a straight edge and place it tight tothe bottom of the chassis and see where it line up against the back edge of the pod. I beleive that mid point of the pod is equal to 1mm of droop.

E
Eric - I hate to ask some of these questions in a forum It is hard to disguise my R/C ignorance from the rest of the world

What I got from your post is that you adjust the center shock collar so that the rear of the pod is lower than the front end of the pod, right? Does that cause the rear pod to rotate forward and transfer additional weight to the front of the car when off throttle - effectively increasing steering? Or am I thinking about this wrong. I tilted mine so the front edge was a little lower than the rear edge to eliminate - or reduce - rear to front weight transfer off throttle, but increase front to rear weight transfer on thottle to plant the rear on corner exit and drive off straight.

Obvioulsy, what I did with my car - whether it was one major thing or a number of small things - didn't work too well...

Does anyone else have input on pod droop?

Thanks Eric!

This forum is GREAT!!! Thank you all for the assistance.

Jeremy