R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 08:34 AM
jkas10
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike ivy
jkas10 Hello there even thought I run a 12L4 I'll try my best to help you try this:

front:
Jaco Dual Stage Purple or Dual Stage blacks (Blacks) will give you a slight push which is what you may need it will make the front stable.
when you sauce the front tires just put on a little on the front inner side.

After every run spray some motor spray on your tires and wipe them clean to clean them up after each race, clean each tire let it dry and then sauce your tires with tire tracion.The reason for this is after reapeted use of the same tire the tire gets gummed up and the fronts can get very twitchy.

You did'nt say what tire sauce you use I would highly recommend paragon tire traction I'ts the black can with the Purple writing.Sauce your tires about 20 minutes before you go racin then wipe your tires off a few minutes before you got out.

For the rear you can either try Jaco Dual stage yellow or dual stage pink rears.

On your T-fource the side tweek springs take them out and just use the tweek srcews on the tweek plate, maybe thats why your car is handling wierd you can only use one or the other not both.

If you just use the side springs make sure when you tweek the car there is not alot of preload on the side springs that maybe why you get that darty ness from your car.when you tweek the car when using the side springs just go in small increments each side .

The reason I mentioned the Jaco Dual stages is that they make the car very stable but if you cannot get those tires try these below:

CRC High rollers Purple Font
CRC High roller Black Front
CRC High roller Pink rears

Parma purple or black fronts
Parma pink rears

BSR Purple or black fronts
BSR Pink rears

I hope this helps even though I never raced a T-fouce which is a very nice car all the t-plate cars are very close when setting them up

hope this helps If ya have any more questions just pm me

Mike
Thank you Mike!

I do use paragon sauce - I forgot to put that in my original message. But, I haven't been cleaning the tires after each run... I will start to do that.

It looks like the tires I have are not the tires of choice. I will pick up a couple other compounds before I run the car again.

Side Springs... You mentioned to run either the springs or tweak screws; but not both. On my car, the spring is slightly conical shaped with the small end attaching to a grooved head on the bottom of the tweak screw and the larger end resting on a tweak ball which is attached using the bolts that attach the t-plate to the rear pod. I think, by design, that i have to run both... http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/downloads...urce_page2.pdf and the top left of this finishes the guidance: http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/downloads...urce_page3.pdf I haven't looked at the 12L4 enough to notice if the tweak options are the same. I am assuming there is a difference in design between the AE cars and the CRC cars here.

I do not screw any preload into the springs as the car is tweaked real well (with a t-plate that isn't cracked, anyway... )

Thanks again, Mike! I really appreciate your wise advice.

Lots to learn,
Jeremy

OH, one other question comes to mind... It seems like the common rule of foam on carpet - regardless of the car - is "Stiffer is Better". Stay with me guys

But, it seems that all are running the thin t-plates... Does a thick, stiff t-plate not work well???

Last edited by jkas10; 04-02-2007 at 09:09 AM.