R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 01:39 PM
RBLove
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
Yo yo fellas!!

I ran my Type R for the first time this weekend at Carpet Wars @ The Track in Maryland.

I must say, for my first time out with the car, I was extremely pleased. The car changes directions like no other car I've ever driven. It has a completely different feel, but it's a good one.

In stock, I qualified 2nd and finished 3rd. In 19t, I qualified 2nd and finished 3rd. The results don't justify how good the car was. Either I had bad racing luck or just drove poorly. The car was easily fast enough for TQ and Win in stock. As for 19t, I have a little work to do there.

I did have the advantage of working with Andrew Gray and past Losi driver Craig Xavier. <- A big thanks to both these guys! I look for a different feel with my cars than Gray and X do. Some of the info they provided me worked for me, but I had to do some stuff on my own as well. I did need softer front springs though, that would have helped a lot.

I did let Larry Fairtrace (2007 SnowBirds Stock Touring Champ) drive my car in practice. He was really surprised how good the car was on only the 2nd pack on the track.

Only gonna get better as I get more time on the car.

Thanks again Todd!!
Awesome.........